Are all Mylar bags childproof?
- No, all Mylar bags are not childproof or child-resistant. There are standard smell proof Mylar bags and there are child safe/child-resistant Mylar smell proof bags. Make sure to double-check that the Mylar bag you're using is child-resistant if that is a need for you.
Are cannabis bags made out of Mylar?
- Not every cannabis bag is made out of Mylar, though it is one of the most common materials. Other common storage materials include Polypropylene plastic, other forms of plastic, and then other storage container materials also include glass.
Are Mylar bags smell-proof?
- Most Mylar bags are smell proof or odor-resistant to some degree. The age of the Mylar bag does play a role, however. Eventually, your Mylar bag will need to be replaced if you want to keep the smell down - just not very often.
Are Mylar bags recyclable?
- Mylar bags can be recycled if they're taken to a recycling facility that accepts other polyester resin materials. Because Mylar is not exactly a plastic or a metal, they can't be recycled in every facility.
Are Mylar bags child safe or child resistant?
- This depends greatly on the type of Mylar bag you're using. Some will specify that they're child safe or child resistant, but you have to double check. We even have a Grip n Pull Mylar Bag section that specifies all the Mylar bags in our line that are child resistant.
What kind of Mylar bags do dispensaries use?
- Every dispensary may offer different storage supplies, so it depends on the dispensary you go to to find out what kind of Mylar bag they use. Typically, it's going to be a thick, light proof and moisture proof plastic that keeps your product secure and potent.
Can I customize Mylar marijuana bags?
- Yes. Mylar smell proof bags are customizable. The best way to customize your bags is to have it printed at time of manufacturer.
Are Mylar bags reusable?
- One of the biggest benefits to using Mylar bags is that they're reusable. They're even recyclable if taken to the appropriate recycling facility. They can retain their odor resistance for multiple months after they're first opened.
Are Mylar bags safe for food?
- Since Mylar bags effectively protect against insects, moisture, and light, they create a good barrier for food products. This oxygen and particulate barrier actually extends the shelf life of food, which is why you'll often find dry food packaged in Mylar material.
Are Mylar bags x-ray proof?
- Impenetrable to oxygen, Mylar bags also cannot be x-rayed.
What size Mylar bag do I need?
- This question can only be answered based on your needs and preferences in a bag. Fortunately, we have a convenient guide on the subject, so you can find the right sized Mylar bag for you.
How do I fill a Mylar Bag?
- Typically bags are shipped opened, so you can fill it with product. Some CR (child resistant) bags have 2 layers, one that is sealed and one that is opened ready to fill.
Can Mylar bags be heat sealed?
- Yes, all Mylar bags can be heat sealed with any desktop heat sealer.
Learn more about Mylar bags from our blogs!